Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The screws turn tighter at Liverpool

It's almost becoming monotonous. A good week turns into a bad week which turns into a good week.

The school report card for the good performance in Portugal surely reads "Could do better". Meanwhile the headlines after the disappointing Birmingham City draw focussed heavily on the substitution of Fernando Torres who - whilst the manager suggested he was tired - other reports clearly differ. The head-scratching, forlorn and frustrated look of Steven Gerrard as Torres *runs* off tells me that the senior Spaniard got it very very wrong. Take a look yourself. What's most interesting is Torres' shake of the head to Lucas who then moments later looks bemused himself.

Matt Lawrence clearly believes it's Gerrard or Benitez to leave Anfield this summer.

I wouldn't be so sensationalist as to suggest it's do or die, as players are usually more humble in these exchanges, although after Albert Riera's outburst only weeks ago only a fool would ignore the smoke completely. But ask Jamie Carragher over a beer in his local, or Javier Mascherano whilst his pen lingers above contracual papers, and serious questions must be being uttered in the halls of Melwood.

I work on web projects, and if my best designer was taken off a vitally important and high profile project halfway through, believe me I would be furious. I would be feeling very alone indeed.

With Juventus still reportedly interested, I am very sorry and disappointed to say that it's "Adios y Gracias" from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment