Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Walcott should have been a Red

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is rubbish. Let me be absolutely clear that I don't rate him as a top top player. Ok - he's not 'rubbish' and he did score two semi-intelligent goals tonight against an Arsenal midfielder playing as a centre-back. But I've seen him miss the kind of chances - in big and small games - that I could score let alone my grandma.

Arsenal-Barcelona tonight taught England fans one thing tonight and that is that somehow Walcott HAS to go to the World Cup this summer, because no-one on this planet can keep pace with him. Until Usain Bolt
takes up football that is.

Arsenal-Barcelona also taught ME tonight that we made a huge mistake in not signing him a few summers ago. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know, and I would never that thought that we would have ruined Euro-Under-21- Player-of-the-Tournament-By-Far Ryan Babel's career by now.

Which brings us a fantastic dichotomy to explore. Babel v Walcott.

One has sheer pace, a good touch, been given chances and taken them but got injured. One has power, a dodgy touch, an unbelievable shot but has not been given a proper run in the team apart from now and when he first signed.

I ask you - swap them over and who would be doing better?

No comments:

Post a Comment